Saturday, June 17, 2006

Archiving,Magnet Max etc in the MOA

Now you must understand these are my last few days in Minneapolis, so I'm stretching to explore as much of the city as I can.Actually exploring the city is a vicarious pleasure for me - these are also my last few days in the US:my promised land.So after all those walking around, I really get tired at the end of the day - nothing will tickle those creative juices, nothing.I've a lot to write - one whole week's adventure, but the story of a lifetime squeezed in a week.But I need more time to do justice that phase - so, I'm not trying. Meanwhile here's updating what I can.

The Visit to the Mall

Of late I've come to enjoy the visit to the biggest mall in the world - Mall Of America. I love taking the light rail from the Nicolet Mall station, and then going all the way down to the last station of Hiawatha Line, Mall Of America.It takes me roughly 35 minutes, and I know the route well now - almost guessing what the next station would be.Well, this gives pleasure because I figured out everything on my own. I love venturing out on my own.

It has become a habit to grab one of those brochures the moment I enter the mall from the North Parking Area from the Underwater Aquarium side.I've discovered that the mall is an interesting place to explore for people like me who are in search of curios and of course, the best deals.Today I decided to explore everything under the "gifts" and "hobbies" section.Then I realized tracking shops by numbers is not a very efficient way, so I decided to go round "Mall Of America".Silly me!! People plan to go round the world, I go round Mall Of America!!

Before I go onto my other adventures,let me brag of something - I bought a dress for $5!! A really cute dress for $5.That's where my pleasure lies - beating money in its own game! So you thought you've power, money!! See I can defeat you so well - you thought you'll intimidate me?

Today while roaming around, trying to complete my task of visiting all the stores under "hobbies" I came across "Archiver - the photo memory store".I was bowled over.I could never imagine there are so many ways to be creative while preserving memories/photos.A hundred - no, a thousand ideas rummaged my mind.I wish I could take all that I want.Its not about the money, but the idea.I saw so many beautifully made scrap books.Its amazing what a lot you can do with creativity and, a few buttons and ribbons and paper and a scarp book.Instantly I knew I will be trying my hand on it the next time I have a few hours to myself.I got a "graduation" kit to make an inspirational scrap for my sister.Many different ideas were tempting me to buy a whole lot of different things, but I thought its a better idea to judge the space I have in my boxes.I also enrolled myself for a basic class on scrap booking.

So much to do - and so less time.I don't understand this inherent human behavior - we realize the value of time only when we have no more of it!
Anyway - I've learnt to put the best foot forward always, all the time - I can't waste any more time thinking why didn't I do whatever I didn't do!!I've to keep moving, running to the next goal - the next hurdle on the way,till the time I make to the destiny - the peak.(Now I've to dramatize everything! That's what a friend commented long time back - instead of taking things as things, I've to dramatize everything; I even dramatized archiving!!)

"Magnet Max" is another of my favorite store in the mall.Its a magnet lover's paradise - anything and everything you dreamt in magnets, is there!

There was a store dealing only with flags, another only with socks - and aptly called "SOX Appeal"!!

Well, for those who are reading this , please don't give up home yet! I'm tired, and I had to post something - so here you are, something better than nothing!! More tomorrow - hopefully!

No comments: