Sunday, August 24, 2008

All roads lead to Rome

Eventually I guess all objectives and purposes of human life revolve around to make it a better life – a better planet, a better economy, a better set of beliefs – everything revolves around improvement, becoming better – at different levels though.
What else can drive all actions? Its only pursuit of this excellence, of this want to be better, to live better, to do better, to love better, to look better, to feel better – decides our actions, our goals.
We choose our goals and activities at different levels but we all aim to be better in some chosen field of endeavour.
And I also chose – a better planet. Easily said. But the task of breaking it down to doable tasks is bigger than the task itself!
That’s what I’m debating now – what should I choose to maximise the resources of one life? I’m doing what I can do - transactional activities – taking care of pets, taking care of my family, teaching the 14 year old boy to read & write and dream of a life – and I think I’m doing a good job.
But , what’s my big picture? Venture capitalists in an emerging market, research in economy geared towards removing disparity amongst the people in the world, leadership for an equal world – a better world… what is my calling, how can I make use of my life to make things better, and with maximum impacts?
I’m doing it all to better myself to her – one that will come after me; I want her to be proud of me. I’m sure this is the desire in every human being – and every human being makes attempt in becoming a better parent, but somewhere the bigger picture is lost, and mistakes committed.
Hence, I’m taking my time to see the bigger picture. Some argue I’m taking too long. But it takes time to bake a cake. Isn’t it?

No comments: