Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Life is like GMAT - an open book test!

That is quite an interesting observation. Life is like GMAT - the answers are all out there, you just have to learn the process of elimination,have to learn not to fall into the tricks and traps - but everything you need to score is all out there!

I guess that's the story. Most things that we learn painstakingly already happened - only we didn't know when they happened. Only we were sleeping. Mao,Regan, Marx - all lived many years before I was born. But I somehow discovered them only now. Many great movies were made during my grand father's youth, but I discovered them only now. Think about it I watched Fantasia when I was 25 or 26!! Why am I trailing? Why I did I lose out in the race?

And now - in the days of democracy of information, I no longer have an excuse of living in a third world country where even the newspaper arrives a week later.That used to happen in my childhood. I insisted on subscribing to The Hindu and The Times Of India, and I was reading news 4/5 days stale on a good day. On a bad day when Borjhar airport didn't let a plane land because of the weather, there's no news at all. I was very hungry at that time - hungry for information, hungry for knowledge. I don't know where I got that hunger from, but even at 10 I insisted on reading the editorial of The Hindu.

And then - action originated only in the west. Now action is here - China & India. But somehow I lost out. My knowledge became outdated. I learnt about China's "Giant Leap Forward" only now.Tsk tsk. Decades behind! Where will I get the time to catch up now?

Why suddenly I'm feeling this rush? Obama's age and Benazir's age when she was first jailed and Martin Luther's worry me a lot. Have I lost my opportunity? No, I can't. I'm determined.

There's a lot out there that I need to know and see - I've to make the most of life. Any moment spent is regret is a precious moment wasted. I need to look forward. I need to do.

I'm determined to make most of life, to create value, to justify my parents' act of giving me life, to be role model for my sister, and for the confidence of the generation to come.

Yeah! I'd experienced rock bottom. But the only way is up from there.

Yeah - I've a dream too. And I will make it happen.

No comments: