Monday, November 03, 2008

Outsource to India! But don't think!

I don't know how many of you will agree - but this whole outsourcing thing has maimed the thinking capacity of those who are capable of thinking. The amount of meaningless activities that go on in such "outsourced" environments drive me towards frustration, made a "zombie" out of me.

4 and half years back when I joined the industry, I took pride in my "potential" - in my high motivation and energy. Some years down the line, the management of the outsourced industry ensured that my motivation, aspiration and energy is weaned off each day. Yeah - I started viewing myself a misfit to the industry. There's no need for original thinkers, for that spark of genius - you only need to keep following "processes". There is no space for creative thinking.

My boss too has succeeded in totally crippling my wings, by making sure that he makes me realize that he is better than me in whatever skills the organization needs - more often not the skills are "copy and paste" and format PPTs! There is no incentive to stay current with what's happening in this world as long as you know your processes right. Forget about all the excitement in the field of research in your area - they are so waste of time! The whole environment is so deprived of IQ that "going green" is associated with having green dressing theme! Give me a break, please - I need it.

My boss in order to make himself feel good criticizes everything that I've a knack for:) While doing it, he ensures that spark in me is killed and I too become a zombie like him.Another set of hands in the assembly like. Keep following the process, don't think!

Hello, Boss.You're so wrong. Your insensitive has only made me follow my dreams with a vengeance. I'm waiting for the day I can look into his eyes and say, " And you said I don't know what I want in life, and that I'm confused, and that ...." You were so wrong. Can't help it if my spark makes you insecure. That's how I'm!

But then, its not my boss's fault. I'm sure he too has the same frustration. The cribbing is universal across the different levels in an "outsourced" environment. But I will not sit and suffer. I will go out and do. Sorry, boss if your appraisal looks bad next year if you couldn't retain me - I need to "think" and keep alive the spark!
You can join me next year if you want to - atleast I will ensure you grow in the job!

No comments: