Saturday, November 08, 2008

Life's bucket list

Its very important to have one - or who knows you might end up living a life that means nothing to you. I wanted to make mine today - pretty much because I thought I needed focus in life. For once, I wanted to assume there's no limitation in the world - you know truly "impossible is nothing" types, and dream on... what can possibly motivate me each day, everyday to go that extra mile - to make use of my life? It's not an easy discussion - and every time I start this exercise I end up in bed with a headache that dispirin can't cure.

But I'm proud of myself that I attempted very hard!

There again I started the day with today's editions of MINT, Economic Times, Times of India ( this one is losing respect soon for the level of journalism) and, BBC and CNN.What would I do without news channels? R actually suggested that I take consider studying Public Policy and who knows serve Indian Government by being Rahm Emanuel if not Barack Obama. Not a bad thought! But I wonder if Indian politicians would ever need qualified public policy advisers. Anyway.

On another note, it was encouraging to see so many Indians in Obama's transition team - Preeta Bansal, Sonal Shah... I heard a few more names that I can't recollect now. When will India feel the need of them?

Here's what another respected channel reports - Boby Jindal might as well be the Republican presidential nominee.... wow! not bad!

But anyway, I was supposed to write about my bucket list. But somehow all the preceding discussions have a connection - very much related to my bucket list. Here's an attempt:

- A healthy, fit me and promote the same to Maa, Deta, Moo and R ( the last one is almost impossible, he can't give up junk!)
- A completely aware me. I must be as updated as CNN, BBC, Newsweek, WSJ,Vogue(!!),HBR, McKinsey Quarterly. Spread the same to Maa, Deta, Moo. (R is already ahead in the game)
- Find/help sis find her life partner - her best friend (after me!), my younger brother that I never had
- Write. In local dailies of Assam so that I can share what I read/learnt
- Write a book(s) ( I already have many story outlines chalked out. I need to start expanding them)
- Form a organisation which employs the best talent, intellectual capital and creates employment
- Travel a lot. See the world with sis and R. Show the world to Maa, Deta.
- Adopt 2 dogs of each breed!
- Have a big bungalow with a BIG garden where all the homeless dogs of the area can find love, food and shelter
- Find a solution to the stray animals problem
- Preserve Assam's culture. Bring in progress to the land
- Research on terrorists. Explore if written words can ever solve violence.
- Be a smart, intelligent mom - the one my daughter/son love and admire
- Once in my life, attend Harvard Business School. If I can't be a student, I will see if I can do my PHD there, or who knows teach there someday
- Love and security of my family - the most important thing in the world. At the same time what matters is linking them to the progressive world, to the greatness of the world
- Get Maa, Deta interested in world affairs, help them educate themselves. I want them to see today's world.
- Spread home
- Discover myself, and celebrate my uniqueness
- One day become my hero - Barack Obama (Columbia, Harvard Law School, President of USA, a loving father, pet lover, intellectually inclined, motivator, author, loyal spouse, leader, problem solver, strength of character - a great idol!)
- Above all - have hope, give hope. Inspire. Motivate!

No comments: