Saturday, November 08, 2008

President-elect Obama;s first press conference

What did I do last night? I stayed up till 1:20 AM to wait for President-elect Obama to address his very first press conference after the victory speech. And he was very president like. Composed. Cautious. Yeah he needed to be. His speech has to be measured - millions are following him, having found a hero, an idol finally. But even amidst discussion of economic crisis, taxation policy ( a sweet spot for the journalists), foreign policy, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Russia he managed to talk about the new puppy that he owes Malia and Sasha. That's what I love about him. You're my man, Barack. You're my hero.

Obama's family is planning to adopt a shelter dog. God bless you good souls.

1 comment:

Raghu said...

i did not enjoy the raving and ranting on iran.Basic decency demanded he thank ahmedinijad. this lecturing of creation of nuclear weapons and supporting terrorists made me more than wince.
it was playing to the galleries